Pathways to Health practitioners encourage you to take care of yourself between treatments. One way of doing this is to massage the active ear acupuncture points. This gives you control over your own treatment.
- • Close your eyes and concentrate on the sensations in the ear.
- • Massage the whole ear starting from the top and working your way down (make sure to include both the front and back of the ears).
- • Scan/feel the ear using the pad of your index finger. Notice how you respond to the different areas.
- • Stimulate the areas you are drawn to.
___ ••• ___Another way of focussing on yourself is the practise of Five Finger Qi Gong (Shou Yin). Make sure you are sitting or lying comfortably. Place your feet squarely on the floor.
- • First place the index finger on the thumb and close your eyes. Hold this position for 2 minutes, or until you feel good. You don't have to do anything than observe how you feel. Notice what happens to the sensations in your fingertips and hands. Feelings of warmth, heaviness and tingling can occur, and colours, aromas, and memories, etc could also arise.
- • Next place the middle finger on the thumb and observe the sensations in your hands, forearms, feet and lower legs. Hold this position for two minutes and sense any feelings of warmth, heaviness and tingling.
- • Then place the ring finger on the thumb and hold this position for two minutes. Notice any feelings of warmth, heaviness and tingling anywhere in the body.
- • Finally place the little finger and thumb together and hold this position for two minutes or until you feel good. Observe any changes in mood: calming, centring, elation, joy, etc.